The Yale Broadcast Studio offers a variety of audio and video services to the Yale and New Haven community at competitive, market rates. Each project requires a consultation with a staff member to understand the full scope and cost of the project. Many factors contribute to the cost of a production including the day/time, location, number of cameras and camera operators, set-up duration, break-down, set design, and post-production graphics/editing. Contact us to schedule a consultation. We look forward to working with you.
Live Studio Broadcast Services
The Yale Broadcast Studio’s full-service television and radio facilities have become a critical resource for news journalists around the world who regularly seek studio-to-studio interviews with Yale-affiliated experts. Working closely with the University’s Office of Public Affairs and Communications, our team is able to respond quickly to the demands of the 24-hour news cycle.
We regularly complete live video feeds to major networks, including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BBC, CNBC, and MSNBC. Below is a list of costs per TV studio feed by time/day:
- Cost For Yale-affiliated TV studio feed (7 am - 7 pm): Free
- Cost For Yale-affiliated TV studio feed (7 pm - 7 am): $1000
- Cost For Yale-affiliated TV studio feed (Saturday & Sunday): $1500
- Cost for non-Yale TV studio feed (8:30 am - 5 pm): $800
Our radio studio is routinely used for live interviews between Yale faculty and radio networks, including NPR, CBC, and BBC. Below is a list of costs per ISDN studio feed by time/day:
- Cost For Yale-affiliated ISDN studio feed (7 am - 7 pm): Free
- Cost For Yale-affiliated ISDN studio feed (7 pm - 7 am): $150 per hour
- Cost For Yale-affiliated ISDN studio feed (weekend): $350 per hour
- Cost for non-Yale ISDN studio feed (8:30 am - 5 pm): $150 per hour